Mental Health & Dementia
The Mental Health & Dementia Network builds on the success of the previous Mental Health Network and works closely with the Dementia Alliances.
The Network is made up of members from a wide range of specialisms across all related conditions who share a common aim of wanting to improve patient experience and outcomes.
The Network is always developing and welcomes anyone who has an interest in improving the care for those experiencing poor mental health or dementia to get involved.
The primary objectives of the Network are:
- Identify and reduce health inequalities in this population
- Improve access to and quality of services
- Promote the principles of good mental health and well being
- Achieve clinical excellence in care by identifying innovative effective practice and supporting its implementation across the Network
- Actively engage patient, user, carer and public views to inform and shape our work
- Develop and implement evidence based pathways of care.
Mental Health & Dementia Clinical Leads:
- Mental Health – Dr Angus Bell
- Dementia – Dr Louise Allan
- Mental Health – Dr Philippa Bolton
- Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) – Dr Guy Dodgson (Regional – for Cumbria & North East)
- Children & Young People’s Mental Health – Dr Ruth Andrews & Dr Lynne Howey
- Psychological Therapy – Dr Angela Kennedy
- Perinatal Mental Health – Dr Andrew Cairns