The purpose of the Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Clinical Network is to bring together a wide range of stakeholders to work across geographical and organisational boundaries to support equity of access to high quality, evidenced based care. There are three work streams within the Cardiovascular Network: heart disease, stroke and vascular. These clinical work streams each bring together professionals from a range of specialisms to operate in an advisory capacity to help develop a shared vision for the family of cardiovascular diseases.
Based on over a decade of successful service improvement, network members use their expert knowledge and experience to review a wide range of services relating to cardiovascular services.
The primary objectives of the Cardiovascular Network are:
• Provide clinical advice and support to commissioners in reviewing services for CVD across the Network
• Reduce unnecessary variations in models of care
• Work with regional and national CVD forums
• Actively engage patient, user, carer and public views.
Cardiovascular Clinical Leads:
- Heart Disease – Dr John Bourke
- Vascular – Prof. Gerry Stansby
- Stroke – Dr Stuart Huntley